Winter in the Willamette Valley has been wet....very wet! I signed up for a mid-January clinic that was to be held in Hopland, California way back in November. At that point in time, I was just hoping to be able to get past Mt. Shasta with roads nice enough to provide stress free travel. I had no idea that I would be leaving the pouring rain.....the same rain that had me starting a siphon hose for the under-barn water storage system the day before I left. The roads were near perfect, the drive made shorter as I met Geri at the I-5 turn off and followed her to Hopland, chatting on walkie talkies to kill time.
I got the privilege of staying in a little cottage, smack dab in the middle of a secret garden! Here Geri opens the gate to our little slice of paradise.....
Once settled, we stretched our legs and walked around. The view was amazing but not near as awesome as the sun filling my dry empty cup! Gosh I have missed that big yellow ball of warmth!
The vineyard is yet to show any new shoots of life...yet the grass is green and growing. The sheep graze there to keep the rows tidy and add some organic fertilizer, I am sure.
We decided to explore the property more and hike to the main house.
Amazing.....
I could not believe that I did not realize how steep the terrain would be! Me, in my Fatbaby Cowgirl Boots trying to conjure my mountain goat climbing abilities! And just when I was checking out the cell service to call for a 4-wheeler....I spy with my little eye.....amidst the olive trees.....the main house!
And the view of the vineyard and the sheep from the other side.....
I've come to the conclusion that I am truly blessed....one of the luckiest girls alive! I've glimpsed Heaven.....from different views. The green hills of England, the rugged high dessert of Idaho, the pristine oasis of Steel Swamp, and now the secret garden hidden amongst the rolling hills of Sonoma!
Seize the Day!
Beautiful! I'm sorry you had on the wrong foot wear on your walk through heaven.
ReplyDeleteI too have been lucky enough to see slices of it.
Gorgeous pictures, Lora, all but the first one!
ReplyDeleteWonderful adventure ... I bet your hillwalking boots are ready and steady in your car NOW ;O)
ReplyDeleteLoved ALL the pics WONDERFUL!!!