Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Better

Today's five a.m check revealed a tiny single white ewe lamb.....all cleaned up and starting to nurse.  Ewe beaming with pride and me thinking "gosh you are fat for having such a tiny single.  Best be thinking about culling you next year" as I lured the ewe into a jug with her carrot baby.  I fed and was on my way home to start breakfast for the family and make certain all was ready for my son's first state playoff basketball game.

As I walked into my Christmas wonderland barn at 8:30, strolling over to the new lamb jug....when, what to my wondering eyes should appear....


TRIPLETS! 

Two flashy boys.....




and the tiny white girl!

I think the mom will be taken off the cull list!

Much better way to start the day.  I'm still waiting for the necropsy report....vet thinks Listeria.  Just to give him pause, I'm betting polio.  However, I do think my vet is right and I'll be glad he did not take my double or nothing bet on the bill.

Seize the Day!

1 comment:

  1. Lora, they're all so sweet. What's the head count now? Can't wait to come out and see them.

    ReplyDelete