Wednesday, March 9, 2011

She Was Indeed a Triplewide

The big wool ewe.....the one who had me up at nights worried she would need help birthing monster babies.....had just right sized triplets.


They are sooooo cute!  The one on the far right is taking a bottle from me....she is also the biggest. I will supplement her a couple times a day for a while and keep supplementing until she is on creep and they all are growing good.



They have tiny chocolate dipped ears....well, okay maybe their ears aren't very tiny. This one, the middle sized sister, has a beauty mark on her hinny.



I don't get very much done in a day right now.  Every now and then I have to just stop and watch the lambie antics.  My last katahdin ewe went today giving me twins in the form of a ram and a ewe.  This marks the very end of my experiment with CIDR implants and a 21 day lambing season.  The four Shetland ewes are bred to Sam the ram ala naturale`....and should begin to lamb any day now.  But they are Shetlands and have minds of their own.....and hopefully can get the job done without help from me.

Now its time to start thinking about taxes.....or maybe tomorrow would be a better day for that!

Seize the Day!

3 comments:

  1. They are adorable! I will think good thoughts for the Shetland girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed the lambing process with you and how much thought you have put into it. So, next year when I finally breed my ewes for the first time, I hope you'll answer my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo was the experiment worth repeating... and late to the party but hope the Shetlands did good by ya, MAry

    ReplyDelete