Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oh Yea, Life Goes On.......

It's a JM kind of day...yet I can not imagine "long after the thrill of livin is gone".  I so don't feel that way.  Not one single passe` kind of day goes by in my life.  Yesterday....I finally kicked myself in the rear and, with the help of my eldest son and a few fabulous friends, I got my hay in for the winter!  200 bales all stacked in the hay loft ready to be tarped this morning.  Thank GOD for friends and sons because we did another 90 bales for another friend and I could not seem to lift a single bale above knee level that last load.  Today, I am going to burn and then maybe see about hauling in some big round bales.  Those make feeding the sheep so much easier with the whirlwind of weekend activities coming my way for the remainder of October and November.


I've decided to buy Miss Grace.  I've had a lot of summer fun with this girl and want to spend the winter seeing where we can go, the two of us.  She fits into my little pack nicely and the big bonus is, my husband likes her.  Now the challenge begins of training up litter sisters and remembering they are unique and different...so train each how they need to be trained!  Grace and Gyp had a lesson with Patrick Shannahan last week and it was fun to chat about each afterwards.  Same/different....like Nell/not like Nell.....what I have seen before/what is new to me in a dog......makes for some fabulous over thinking material for the longs drives I have coming my way.

The coming weeks are filled to the brim with my version of Disneyland activities....the FireRidge Sheepdog trail, a visit with Jack Knox, my third shedding clinic with Scott Glen (I will get this...or die trying!) a couple of fun, one day, local winter trials, the release of Patrick Shannahan's second DVD and onward to another on-line project, this time with the Glens.  To keep up-to-date on the exciting, hot off the press training "like" Little Horse Mountain Productions on Facebook or visits http://www.sheepdogtrainingcourses.com/

The excitement continues to mount as we head to the KICK OFF date for the MacRae Way.  October 24th starts this on-line training class...filled to the brim with training and handling from the MacRaes.  After the christening on the 24th of October, people can register at any time, and the class will start for them with that registration.  I would liken it to "pay for view" movies....you buy it and then you can view it.  The class is like that...you sign up and purchase the sessions...and then your classes starts that very day and unfolds as the weeks do......sessions each week allowing plenty of time to watch, learn and assess application.

Instead of a dreary winter....longing for spring, this winter I am excited for all the "training" that will be going on.  I had better keep to the to-do list to prepare for winter.....off to burn, baby!

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment