Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Burning Question


I enjoy reading Danielle LaPorte....her site used to be called White Hot Truth...that title always spoke to me.  She has made some cool changes to her web site and marketing plan and has shared the ins/outs/and whys of some of the decisions she has made along the way. She has also written a couple of books, I'm about to start The Fire Starter Sessions which I have the honor of previewing before its launch date of April 15th.  I'll let you know....

That said, I received a brain teasing email yesterday that asked "what would you like to stop doing?"  As I thought about that one question, absolutely fabulous fodder for an over-thinker....a list beginning to form. And as that list developed.... I stopped and thought "what the heck!"  I don't want to make a list of what I want to "stop doing".  Hello.....I want to focus on what I need to do!  All that sport's psychology 101/PMA/Manifestation I've been marinading in and I am starting to think about what I want to "stop doing?"  So I am changing this hard, dig deep question into...."What do I want to Start Doing?" and that takes me to the trial on Saturday.

*I want to continue seeing the panels well....this was the first trial I used my new contacts and I was pretty pleased with what I could see.  Now that I can see them....I need to continue working on hitting them!

*I want to read my dogs....see tension coming.....see what they are seeing with the sheep and field.

*I want to remember that my dogs are working very hard for me. 

*I want to be a little more "fair" with my dogs; in other words wishy washy 'stops' are not really all that fair.  Nor are super clean flanks when they are not needed.  I want to say what I mean! At my last clinic experience...the clinician pointed out I don't need to use my "come outs" just because I am penning or shedding.  So, assessing what I need and using it appropriately....definite want.

Heppner is this weekend.  I'm looking forward to it.  Now if March could find a little lamb to offer up as this lion crap is getting a little old.

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment