Friday, March 30, 2012

Scott Glen


For the first time.....Sheepdog Training Courses brings to the world Scott Glen and his course: The Young Dog  Four weeks of instruction filled to the brim with tips and training, questions and answers with Scott, plus homework designed by Scott himself!  First class starts April 9th.  Sign up today and you will get the fourth penning session with Scott as a thank you!

Sign up here


I met up with Scott Glen last week for a personal lesson with my two open dogs.  I had just run both at Heppner on the Saturday before.  That is one of the really positive benefits of training with mentors regularly and then having them watch your runs at a trial....I get the cold hard facts instead of the sugar sweet fabrication that I can most always devise after a run! For example, Nell.....had the BEST exhaust of the trial!  After her tiny grip and very short shoulder ride, sigh, I got a hold of her and well, indeed, I won the best exhaust award hands down! Not that the exhaust is where the lambs wanted to go...but hey!  Back to reality...it was fun sorting that out with Scott, who had seen most of the whole thing.  I had strategically sent a friend over to distract him as I was a bit nervous walking to the post with not one, but two of my consistent trainers watching. Mia Bella made it to the pen on her first ever Heppner experience.....I had a moment when my "come out" sounded vaguely familiar, almost like a person who I have been watching film of...over and over and over.  Made me toss in a Kathy Knox "there, now" for good measure!

I am looking forward to The Young Dog with Scott Glen.  As I continue forward with Gyp, I know there is fundamental training that could use looking at.  Now if Mother Nature could get on board with the training program....

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment