Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cuteness at the End of the Season

2012 lambing season has come and gone......thank goodness.  Every year, I learn more, realize just how much I don't know, and am thankful for all the friends who offer up good, sound advice.  I finally, after 6 years of doing this, bought the Laura Lawson Ewe and Lamb books, both of which are easy to read.  Funny how every diagnosis starts or ends with Vitamin B! 

Miss Coyote Girl is a very good mama.  Her little ewe lamb, stolen from the triplet mom, was a little confused directly after freedom from the jug...but the trips have it figured out...sisters from another mother!

Red was an afterthought in my breeding program....last year she did not fair so well with complicated triplets that left a single. This year, beautiful twins and my only hair babies.



Lamb races are hard to catch with the crazy weather we are having.  Rain/snow/hail that leaves the babies sunbathing when it finally decides to shine.  Then often enough I find myself doing "something" sans camera and I just stand and watch and laugh...enjoying the moment that outgrows itself too soon.



Here they are: Lambs of 2012...minus a few that would not cooperate for the photo shoot. Funny how the two other black lambs are missing in this shot.....living up to the reputation of being the black sheep of the family!  Silly lambs.....



Seize the Day!

1 comment:

  1. Geez, I really do miss lambing. I even told Murray that last week. Yes, it was a lot of work lambing out over 200 ewes, but my gosh it was fun, my dogs got tons of work and it was FUN!

    ReplyDelete