My Bella is like an onion.....she has layers. As I ran up the field at the Bluegrass.....I was looking at a walla walla sweet onion layer that I thought had been pealed. That little bit of fall in on the top....creating NO stop...creating a lamb attempting to leave...creating escaping sheep...creating tension....creating well you get it....I retired myself but not before both judges agreed with no argument between the two of them...I was DQ's, thank you.
I lied to myself, saying "self, it was just the big field with three lambs, newly shoren and shipped three days on trucks, to be run on said big field." Then I ran at another trial, smaller field, home flock of dog-worked sheep and still, I left the post running up the field to my walla walla sweet.
Good friends are priceless, you know the ones, they speak truth while I chop my onions, assessing and thinking of all the possibilities of why and how and now whats. I wondered if my 14 days on the road and two trials might have cooked my Bella into onion rings. One friend told me some dogs Bella's age, as they gain confidence, can get a little rebellious. It is just the next stage to work through. Another friend told me, real sheep work might be the answer and so today, when I was given the gift of a big field, a bunch of sheep to gather, and a four wheeler....I showed up with my onion.
I've also got a working spot just for Sweet Bella in the up-coming Kathy Knox clinic. She gets four whole spots to being to peal the next layer. The clinic host knows and understands my onion....she has it all set up to show all the layers that might need work as we approach what's next in our journey. And Kathy knows Bella too......and is sympathetic to my over-thinking ways.
Maybe someday Bella will be a parfait. Everybody loves parfaits!
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment