Thursday, June 21, 2012

Open Minded

Today, my feet will skip over the paths and waltz through the halls of higher education yet again....some 25 + years post Linfield graduation.  HA!  More likely, I will climb, panting and red faced, up the steep hills of Corban College to spend a few days lifting heavy weights with my brain!  I've been attempting to stretch it out all week in effort to get ready plus I have been taking my Ginkgo, when I remember! 

The dogs sigh knowing that they are left home, sheep-less and possibly even crate bound.  All this while I attend a writer's conference with my sister-in-law....the writer of amazing Russian literature; Gina Ochsner.  Me, well, I am bringing a legal pad, a couple of pencils and my handy dandy voice recorder, hoping my instructors are more in the mood for sharing about themselves and not wanting to see my "work".  I am suspecting that I will be surrounded by the highest level of over-thinkers. 

I love stepping out and learning the new.....makes life even more sweeter.  So higher education, ready or not.....here I come! I wonder if they really meant it when they said, "no dogs allowed?"

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment