Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Favorite Day

One of my most favorite days of the year is December 21st...The Winter Solstice!  This means that each day, from here on out. has a little bit more light shining on it...not that we notice here in the Valley of Eden.   Most days the sky displays its original shade of grey artwork, better than the magic of photoshop; layering clouds and embellishing with chemical property variations of rain drop actions.  Spring is imminent once the Winter Solstice has been celebrated; although its physcial arrival date is determined by Master Groundhog, who always sees he shadow.  Try as he might to keep hitting the winter snooze, he can not stop the lengthening of the days.

Me, I'm taking a winter break from sheepdoggin.  True confessions:  this is hard!  I keep telling myself that even the best of Olympic athletes take breaks, goes to reason my girls all deserve one.  Trials every weekend whisper to me at night....send in your entry form!  send in your entry form! With Christmas just two days away....its been easy to give the girls a break from training.  I rotate through them for the chores of the day and listen to the grumbles of those left in their box. I think they are a bit disguised with me, and rightfully so.  We'll get back to training Wednesday, I promise them. In the mean time, I am dealing with my withdrawals in a functional fashion......reading, watching, preparing, talking and exercising my brain with all things sheep and dogs that don't require the actual physical being of sheepdoggin.  I'm also looking forward to the new online course with Scott Glen that starts Dec. 31st called The Started Dog  Though the dogs are taking a quick break....I've got work to do!

In the hustle and bussle of life, amidst all the activities of the holiday season....I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and the best days of preparation for the new year!  May you find time to spend with those important folks in your life....two and four legged....in person, in words, or in spirit.



Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment