Friday, December 21, 2012

Look for the Helpers

2012 crested the peak and now begins the inevitable descent into, what will be, the adventures of 2013.  As always, this time of year finds me preparing for the climb.  I've been taking a few on-line courses throughout the year, honing skills, learning, and pretty much loving every minute.  The dog agility and behavior courses have made me step back and look at my dogs and training; giving, perhaps, better peripheral vision.  Then there are those computer program courses that make my head whirl and I dose those out less frequent.  I stumbled upon an on-line fitness course and well, I am feeling a little motivation coming my way...just a little but it is a start.  Come what January 7th, I sure hope this program has some tweaks in it for those who are not young and fit like the instructor....or I just might have a few tweaks in my back!  Anyway, one of the pre-course challenges it to make a gratitude list and an enthusiasm list.

My year end tradition has been looking over the past year with a discerning eye; not quiet critical but certainly not just looking at all that was rosy and sweet smelling. I look at my vision board from the year before and see what, if any, of those dreams have come to real life for me.   Then I make goals and a vision board for the next year.  I like adding the new list of gratitude to the ending of the year. I also think the enthusiasm list is a great way to kick-off the launch of the new one.

The coming week, post Christmas, I will being that journey of 2012 review...although I have already sampled some of my closure.  I've been working on my gratitude list....which will be very long and detailed as I have a lot to be grateful for.  "What we think about, we become".....

Recently, I accidentally ran the wrong dog in place of the right dog at a trial.  The story is old, and pretty ridiculous,  but what I am grateful for is friends....friends who have shared their "wrong dog running" stories with me.  Friends who have lifted me up with humor......I just received a copy of a book: Super Brain...I will look forward to "unleashing the explosive power of my mind" in 2013!!! Friends...who have given pep talks and butt kickings....keeping me grounded and real....I think friends top my gratitude list for this year. 

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
Fred Rogers

Such is life, when things become scary.....it seems there are always helpers.  May I always remember to look for, find, and be grateful for them.

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment