2012.....the end is near. The quiet breath, slowing; lengthening between in and out. Time to finish the final paragraphs.
I'm looking at my 2012 vision board, reflecting and finding much to be grateful for.
*Qualify Nell for the 2012 finals*
Indeed, I did
*Clutter free home*
Hahahaha......well, the Mission did come and get the garage full of goodies recently...I'll leave that on the vision board for another year.
*Run a dog in the prelims at the 2012 finals*
Sigh, that brings back fond memories. It was almost Heaven.....the long walk to the post. I wanted to baby-step it, make it last just a tad longer, feel the incredible feelings all mixed together...joy, pride, anticipation, with a hint of nervousness just to keep it real.
*Secure three fields for hauling out to train*
Now this one is a little more complicated. 2012 saw me actually doing some work for a Sheep Boss here in the valley; there were so many fields that I went to and worked my dogs. I think this is my most favorite of memories of 2012. The days of gathering and counting sheep for the Sheep Boss and the Shepherd.
Dog days of summer in hot August, lambs needing gathered from a mile of secret garden and pushed down to the river to drink. The steep bank descent keeping the inexperienced lambs from seeking water on their own. Each day a different dog was "dog of the day", even Miss Gyp got a few goes for the job. Counting allowed for some international shedding, disciplining myself to count in groups of 10.....when I could. Watching my three girls gain confidence and understanding right along side of me: priceless.
Oh yes, Hide-and-Seek mountain! The days I spent with the Sheep Boss looking for ewes that had summered on this steep, tree laden mountain that locals call a Butte. Butte sounds like a summer picnic to me...this was no Butte. This was a mountain that the sheep knew every escape route, every trail, every hiding spot...and I took two days to help gather half the flock. The other half was gathered when the Shepherd got back, he and his faithful Huntaway rounding out the team of seekers with better success.
One of my life mentors has sent me a few questions to answer in the coming two days:
*identify three lessons of 2012?
*what did you discover about yourself in 2012?
*what are you most grateful for in 2012?
Certainly good questions to ask and just as certain, questions to answer with great thought and consideration. So I'll spend some time pondering my year, not just dogs and sheep. Making my vision board 2013. I'm baby-stepping it to the first day of the new year.....I want to feel the incredible feelings all mixed together...joy, pride, anticipation, with a hint of nervousness just to keep it real.
Seize the Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment