Eastern Washington Eagles Football..... the team my son plays for....is making a run for a Natty. I've just learned that a "Natty" is a National Championship Title...so a Natty it is! Coming into the playoffs ranked 2nd keeps the games local, well at least for the team, so every weekend, I 'm off to Cheney. Winter weather makes for iffy passage through the Gorge, where intense winds, freezing rain, and snow can make travel hazardous, and the 7 hour drive unpredictable in time spent on the road. So instead of visiting friends and working dogs on my journeys to and from football games....I am now flying. Its fun to look down and see the vast land that has become so familiar to me at its level, looking slightly different from above, though it has not changed. I love it when I am given a tickling reminder that sometimes changing perspective is what is really needed: take flight.
 |
| the windmills of Washington |
Making it to the quarter finals.....the whole fam-damily came to root, hoping to keep the momentum rolling.
 |
| son #1 and gf of son #2 made the trip way more fun! |
I can never get over how RED the field is. And my mama heart goes pity patter when I see my boy, dressed down in football gear, out on that college football field.
Eastern has THE BEST mascot. Who ever is inside that eagle costume....dude, you rock! All the other mascots tremble in fear of the dance offs!! The first flip Swoop the Eastern Washington Eagle lands.....its all over!
 |
| Swoop is in the house..... |
I am indeed one of "those" fans...the kind that yells and cheers......frustrated that there is nothing I can do to help besides not let the opponent's fans create more excited noise momentum. So I yell some more, ring my cow bell and practice my finger whistles- the loud finger whistles!
Eastern Washington is on to the semi-finals this Saturday playing Sam Houston.....I'm thinking a Texas team. I'm busy washing all my lucky clothes and sipping honey, lemon water so my voice is ready......they need me!
Seize the Day!
the truth about the finger whistles comes out!! safe travels.
ReplyDelete