Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mary, this ones for you!

One moment changed my life forever. No I am not making drama or being over-reactive...one moment really did change the direction of my life. My fourth grade son and I were in Central Point at an agility trial....Jake trying to run my separation anxiety ridden jack russell terrier...who kept running out of the ring to get to me! Not fun nor successful. And then we met Mary. A top agility trainer, instructor, judge from Seattle who saw "something" in my son and gave him one of her border collies. Our first border collie......Spark...From that one moment, my life changed radically. I now own and have trained countless border collies. I own a little piece of Heaven with sheep and a guard llama. I have a playroom full of border collies puppies.....I would never go back to a border collie free life! But how I wish I would have known sheep when Spark came into our lives.....he comes from very nice working lines....and now at almost 9......he "thinks" he is super cool when he gets to work the woollies....but I dream of what he could have been.

Mary, here's to you. Thanks for sharing your passion for this phenomenal breed of dog! And now, this ones for you:

Portrait:

Profile with her little Elle beauty mark:

Next view:
She's done being cute......Seize the day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Spark is doing good. I was going to ask you about him the other day when we were talking.
    Even though he is 8, I am sure he still acts like he is 2 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that she is going to Mary!

    What a wonderful look back in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti sends her love to borther Spark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Nessa sends her love to brother Spark too:) We've had Nessa on sheep a couple of times and she has done pretty well. I love the BC's to, but have really been enjoying a rescue Hanging Tree Cowdog(BC, Catahoula,Kelpie mix) and a rescue Border/Jack. Those mixes add a little spice to a BC that is a lot of fun!

    Bonnie, mom to Meagan and Zach

    ReplyDelete