Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Socialization

Because of Porsche, my drenched in fear rescue border collie, I have been giving much thought on how to socialize a litter of puppies. How much does genetics play in the outcome of a dog? How much does the environment affect what the end adult dog becomes? Nature vs nurture. With the age of Internet, access to information provides in depth studies on how to socialize pups to reach their fullest potential within the framework of what genetic skeleton is provided....or something like that. So...with my best foot forward....these pups are going to be introduced to life, sounds, smells, touches, surfaces....until they go to their new homes. Today, the puppies moved to the dinning room for their indoor park experience!
Some of the house work actually got attended to.....justified by the sounds created while putting dishes away would bring a positive experience to my socialization agenda! That and the smell of baking brownies.....hmmm......this is working out real fine!
Plus I can talk my son and his girlfriend into helping.....I did not really have to twist their arms or anything like that....but it sounds good to say "you are helping to socialize these puppies!"


And while I am being all intellectual and pondering....I wonder if this is where the term DOG PILE came from??
Poor Bella......I think I will take her out to work sheep this weekend as a reward for putting up with all those little girls!

Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment