Sunday, January 31, 2010

And Then There Was One......

Puppy Jill got to sleep over one more night! Today, Adele came to get her....and now it is just me and Gyp...oh ya, and a bunch of other border collies! I had things to do at the ranch....the sun was shining....it was time.

At first, it seemed big and a little overwhelming.....Gyp took it all in.....checking out the big dogs having a lot of fun!

She took to eating sheep crap...well, like a working sheep dog!

And THEN......mother load of all discoveries......she found the milk bar all to herself!!!!! Nell, me thinks that she might be just a tad bit too big for this sort of behavior......

The girls and I cleaned all the stock tanks, putting up the water heaters (did I curse myself like the groundhog seeing his shadow?). We also took a big long walk around. Then Gyp went to take a nap in her crate in the car while I double checked the pregnant ewes and gave them their shots.Not too bad for my first day with my first ever border collie pup. I have always gotten my dogs a little older....Nell was 14 months....Sally almost 3.......Bella 20 months. Tomorrow we continue teaching her that "Gyp" means her! I am visualizing a very quiet uneventful night of good sleep!

Seize the day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE PUPPIES!!! SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture reminds me of Kate when she was a pup! Glad to hear it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete