Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day Give-away

HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK??????



It was suggested to me by one of my mentors.....it is not really so much about "horses" as it is about life! I think I have read it a billion times.....well at least parts of it! I know of a few USBCHA top open handlers have read it, apply it, and recommend it. So in the spirit of a new year......in celebration of 2010 and all that it holds.....and knowing that our mindset is paramount to achieving our potential....I am going to give this book to one of the Rocking Dog Ranch Blog readers. Just tell me one of your goals for 2010 in the comment section below...and make sure I can get a hold of you........and I will randomly pick a winner Monday!!

Seize the day!

12 comments:

  1. I have this book too and would recommend it to anyone who really wants to understand training.

    Good luck to those who enter for the book.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better and smoother teamwork for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, maybe to buy a little tiny piece of property :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our goal year is to find someone in our area that is willing to teach us sheep herding. We are in the Eagle Creek/Estacada/Sandy area, in case you know someone :) My email is 12muddypaws@rconnects.com

    Happy New Year!

    Dyan (aka The Duchess from Emma's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "big" goal for this year is to successfully compete in my first USBCHA trial... But of course that goal is made up of many smaller--but no less significant--goals... one of which is to get a handle on my nerves! Oh, and I'd like to master whistles, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goals: Learn how to be an effective partner with my dogs. Build on trust - my dogs trust in me and my trust in them. Let go, have fun and accept our limitations and rejoice in the things we have accomplished. Finally *keep positive*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be that kind of handler that is cool, calm and in control---and has a never ending supply of patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No procrastination for me this year :) as I am sitting in the midst of a giant pile of paperwork that I should have been working on all year long!!! I have a lot of smaller goals, but I can't get there if I continue to procrastinate. The book sounds great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From my 2009 experience which taught me that no matter how quickly and straight I want to walk through any year, sometimes the path becomes crooked. I am in the midst of forgetting that crooked path and am setting a steadier purpose to keep the year precious in bringing out the best that my dogs are able to give. My biggest goal is to press on this year - as soon, the year will be past. A new puppy in my life this year will allow me to partnership with this amazing creature. Both of us will be learning & working towards an achievement -
    no matter the size of the achievement, my goal is to have it filled with love and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goal is just to survive a BC pup. Never having had one before (I've got two Corgis), I'm in for the ride of my life. My life will be filled with twists and turns - bring 'em on! I'll take each twist as it comes, look at it, work with it, enjoy the moment and see what it can offer me and my new dog. [Lora! what have you gotten me into!]

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goal is to partner up with young Jayne and allow her to show her true talents with as little handler handicap as possible.
    Another goal is to allow young Owen to develop as far as he can and love him for the dog he is.
    Plus of course to continue to adore working with my Wonderdog, Blair.
    Dusty will always be my 'heart' dog as my first Border Collie and regardless of whether or not he ever trials, I know his 'worth' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your goals! Love them all....as I mentioned in my 1-4 blog....you all are winners is so many ways.....email me your addy and I will get you the book. Be ready for some "heady" stuff!

    L

    ReplyDelete