
Can you see them?? The four spotted eggs amidst the gravel of my parking deck??? Here's a closer look......
Every year, a Killdeer mama and papa build their nest smack dab in the middle of traffic in my parking deck! grrrrr! And every year, I say..."serves them right if something happens to their family!" And then every year....I do this..... 
I am such a sucker for this family! And the babies are soooo cute! They come out mini Killdeers.....but for now, I get to enjoy their "broken wing" routine.....as they try to lure the cat, the sheep, the dogs, and me away from their now highly reinforced nest. Wonder if they noticed??
Live strong and prosper....little Killdeers.....you make me smile!!!
Seize the day!!!
Every year, a Killdeer mama and papa build their nest smack dab in the middle of traffic in my parking deck! grrrrr! And every year, I say..."serves them right if something happens to their family!" And then every year....I do this..... 
I am such a sucker for this family! And the babies are soooo cute! They come out mini Killdeers.....but for now, I get to enjoy their "broken wing" routine.....as they try to lure the cat, the sheep, the dogs, and me away from their now highly reinforced nest. Wonder if they noticed??
Live strong and prosper....little Killdeers.....you make me smile!!!
Seize the day!!!
Awwww that is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI love it! That's so sweet of you!
ReplyDeleteThere are a couple that try to nest in the sheep pens near Sheep Central at Fido's. They are silly about picking places to be.
ReplyDelete