Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweetgrass....behind the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_PEA0Aad0

I can't seem to figure out how to imbed a youtube.....but here is the link. What a fun interview...and it explained so much about the movie!

I grew up in Central Oregon...and had a friend with a cattle ranch in Sisters, Oregon. The friend was selling out and moving to northern California. I asked him "why are you moving? Your ranch is so beautiful." And he replied..."beauty, to me, is belly high grass.....not rugged snowy mountains and a climate that gets one cutting a year." I thought a lot about his comments as I watched Sweetgrass...and again when I watched this interview.

Seize the day!

1 comment:

  1. There was a similar interview on paper in the Pink Section of the San Francisco Chronicle a couple of months ago, but seeing them talk on video was much better! I hope they do something with the footage that she shot "in town". Thanks for posting the link!

    ReplyDelete