The "potatoes" from the past few days : my three working dogs are all VERY different! Having three lessons..in a row....my head is spinning from all the information that I received for each dog. My quest on how to help a dog with a blind fetch.....I need a training buddy with a walkie talkie to help me know what is going on so I can give information but not commands. Next, I also have to think about my different corrections and how they apply to my work. It certainly is an interesting thinking exercise....how using different corrections in specific situations can add clarity for the dog on how to make adjustments from the correction in the fashion the handler desires.
The "meat" from the past few days.....I need to figure out a way to soften my whistles. I am pretty darn good about projecting wind through mine! I think it might be easier for me because I bite my whistle when I blow it. I am going to work with this. I also found I can finally blow my smaller brass whistle and that because of its size it is very difficult to blow hard. Then the dogs will need some time to work on the new whistle sounds. They did not "magically" get it!
I have some serious thinking to do.....about training, opportunities, my dogs, and those I train with. Off to work the dogs.....I did not get near enough sheep time to work on ideas presented....
Seize the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment