Thursday night, we had the handlers meeting. Those who had come early, quickly walked the course and then Mother Nature gave all a welcome show before tucking the sheep in for bed.
The next morning...and every morning of the trial...we walked out onto the field amongst the dreaded fog. Friday we had 52 dogs to run....needless to say...the fog's desire to hang out and watch a few runs was not appreciated.
On Sunday, Nell and I got to be the "hazer" and exhaust team. We never did have to haze the sheep...which would have been keeping the first group of 10 off the exhaust while the dog did its look-back and brought the second pack of 10. However, we did exhaust a few runs. It was good for Nell to have to wait "patiently" for 30 minutes before being sent out on 20 lambs.
The lambs were the same that were run on at LaCamas. The Anderson Ranch brought them in for us. Funny how just a few months of age changed the characteristics of how they ran and reacted to the dogs.
I've been dubbed "certifiably CRAZY" from all but my closest dog friends.....as I pack my car and get read to hit the road to attend yet another FABULOUS trial...Fire Ridge. I'm looking forward to putting Sally and Nell on Eric Harlow's fine wool range ewes and see what we can do with that.
Seize the Day!
Crazy is not a bad place to be.... "sane" is for "normal people"...what fun is that... have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteI think you're awesome! Go Team Lora!
ReplyDeleteWay to go girl. Wish I was going, too!
ReplyDelete