A sheepdoggin friend of mine agreed to loan me a bed and a pillow! Little did I know...I was headed to a beautiful Italian Vineyard! Better than the best Bed and Breakfast! Gosh I love my friends!!!
I was told to go explore...take the dogs for a walk in the vineyard.....it was amazing...beautiful...beyond words! The grapes are a few weeks from being harvested so I had to keep an eagle eye on the dogs, who wanted to try a sample of the snacks just hanging their for the taking.
I could so move in...well, maybe not when the temps hit the summer highs...but wow! what a visit!
After a long walk.....I headed out to the wedding....driving through memory lane.... Jacksonville. My grandmother used to take all us granddaughters to Jacksonville every summer to visit the museum and embrace our heritage. Our great, great, great grandpa Vincent was one of the pioneers to come across the Oregon trail into California and coming up into Oregon to settle in the Rogue Valley. Saturday, I was one of the "dreaded" tourist who had to stop and take pictures of this....
deer grazing smack dab in the middle of town! This was one of two fawns and a doe who could have cared less that I was taking their pictures! Not sure the town folks like them...but I thought they were very cool!
The wedding was beautiful....an amazing couple that I am glad to call friends! It was a great first day to a three day weekend......
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment