It does not matter how it started....or how many people were apart of its spreading.....but absolutely, hands down, no ifs ands or butts.....the FLU should not be shared! So without accusing anybody...and certainly not the man I sleep with....I got the crud in a big way! I have waaayyy too much to do for this.....but so as not to waste any down time....I put in this DVD
Yep, A Shedding Clinic with Alasdair MacRae...which I bought from The Border Collie Training Center! Why, you ask, did I watch a shedding DVD? Well at least those of you that were not at Fire Ridge are asking that question.....and I answer......which of the following actions did I perform in my shed with dogs at Fire Ridge?
A) made a hole as big as a freight car
B) called dog through the hole I made that was as big as a freight car
C) when begging did not work to get dog through freight car sized hole....stepped into said hole to hold the sheep myself
D) when dog still would not come through...walked onto the sheep myself calling here here here
E) when dog finally came through hole that was now bigger than a entire freight train... crossed the bows with the dog
F) managed to get judge to call said shed and then told him..."wow that was a crappy shed!"
G) missed perfect shed opportunity for Nell as I was thinking she needed a freight car sized hole to come through and the next shed she showed how wrong I was
H) had judge say "talk to me tonight about your shedding"
I) all the above
Nuf said!
So I am now on a 30 day shedding extravaganza with Mr. MacRae. On days where I am running short on time, I might just skip to all the very pretty sheds preformed with style, grace, incredible timing and sheep reading by the fur-cap clad Haley Howard. You can also bet your bottom dollar...shedding will be one of the topics for my Scott Glen lesson next week!
The couch and TV beckon me.....off to shed....while Nell covers the runaways.
Seize the Day!
PS as soon as I feel better I am off to get my flu shot, my pneumonia shot, and my swine flu shot.....
Hey, this year's flu shot contains both seasonal flu and N1H1. At least Connor's did. He got it up the nose and hated every second of it.
ReplyDeleteHey, you aren't old enough for a pneumonia shot are you?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laughs this morning....re: the shed, not the crud.
ReplyDeleteSuch an awesome description of your shed - LOL! I once had my dog come through, go around, then come through again. Finally heard a very disgusted "good" from judge. I thought we should have got more than 1 for that performance!
ReplyDeleteAm going to have a shedding lesson from Scott next week too. I wonder if he is going to comment on Lou's slicey flanks? :-)
Do NOT send that crud home with my husband!!! We have dogs to train!:)
ReplyDeleteYou could have tried my last resort move for Lad (yes, I actually did it in a trial and got my shed called) 1. Flank "non-coming into the gap" dog over a little more. 2. WALK UP said dog into the gap. 3. When dog has walked into the gap enough, try a flank and hold the gap yourself. 4. pat yourself on the back for doing the worst possible shed ever.
@ Jenny...no crud will come your way...I'm getting better! My only topping to your story is my bought with terrets....as I told the judge..."that really sucked"...and laughed all the way to the pen. Geri said...maybe I should not have told him that.....and I said...its not like he did not know! Good to laugh at ones self...and also nice to have friends share stories to take the bite out of laughing at ones self!
ReplyDelete