Sunday, October 17, 2010

True Confessions

I have learned a little more about myself this weekend.  First, my blog is so much easier for me to share details in the training up of my dogs, trialing challenges....you know....life!  I had a long blog entry developed in my head to share with you all how, on Friday....I walked to the post, third to run...with the wrong dog.  Yep, I grabbed the wrong dog.....man is that hard to write....and not only disqualified her, Sally.....but also disqualified Nell with that one silly run.  I was so disappointed in myself.....I had a card of excuses in my back pocket.  But reality is, this is my third trial with two open dogs and I need to be more meticulous with details so as to not let my girls down. Good to have those 11 minutes at the exhaust to sort that all out....done and behind me.....on to the rest of the day! 

But, I am deviating from the topic...here is my true confession.  It is so hard to write about success.  To keep a good run in perspective and know......it was that....a good run.  I had one of those with Sally yesterday, Saturday of the Regionals.  It was a magic moment as she left my feet, first dog on the course...sending right; as left had her up to the set out on her now famous DQ run the day before.  She hitched at the top....brought them on the fetch with nice pace and good feel.....around the post......hit our first panel with a small bobble from one of the sheep.....cross drive a tad low but doable to hit the cross drive panel.  To the shed ring for a missed attempt (darn sheep that jumped up over her as she was trying to hold that shed).....bringing those sheep right around to nail it....into the pen with 1:15 on the clock.  Sweet Mother Mary....90! 

Now it is 5:00 Sunday morning.....I am getting my game face on for the double lift.  Still wrapping my head around winning an open trial, getting points for the nationals, and trying to remember all that Scott Glen and Patrick Shannahan have taught me about international sheds. I'll be running against some really great handlers.... Karen Child, Geri Byrne, Rochelle Sanford, Sandy Babb, Lynn Johnston, Laura Vishoot, Noelle Williams, Bill Orr, Francis Chai, Liz Hubbard, Sandy Milberg.   I drew up 5th....Sally has a sweet little look back on her.....it is time.  I will be back tomorrow with some pictures and stories....but now....it is time to read these next words and live them to the fullest....

SEIZE THE DAY!

thanks for listening

3 comments: