Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BCTC

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before.....but I LOVE going to the Border Collie Training Commune...oh I mean, Center. Mention BCTC......and commune comes to mind. Sheep, fields, fresh air...we could all sell our belongings, move in and wear red!

It is the tail end of lambing season at the BCTC......a pen of the more "high maintenance" sheep and their lambs lured me to admire pure cuteness on a daily basis! Most of these ewes had triplets.....some of which needed some supplemental feeding... creating faux bummer lambs. A win/win in the fact that the lambs see themselves as sheep but don't mind getting some extra feed from humans.
I love the open fenceless fields.......and the long runs the dogs can enjoy. Some folks employ leashes.......not me, I let my girls run free and explore. The girls love it! Nell and the ground squirrels played hide and seek......a game that ground squirrels rock at! There are also badgers living in the fields....but we stayed clear of anything that looked like it might be a badger. It hardly ever rains at the BCTC......the wind makes frequent visits! But really, who cares? When there are big fenceless fields, and sheep, and sun, and happy dogs!!!!Seize the Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment