Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Weekend Key Peninsula SDT

I used to be a highly effective time management sort of gal....working as a manager in hospital corporate America. I could tell you what I was going to be doing any day of the week...by checking my handy dandy daytimer. Then...I had children, added dogs, bought property and livestock, and the children started having lives....and now...I never know if I am coming or going! Literally!

My oldest son's college baseball team is in the "playoffs".....one never knows what time they are playing because it is all based on winning or losing! They keep winning....thank goodness...but add in the weather that is not May-like AT ALL and we suffered from rain delays and schedule changes. The best made plans of mice and men.....I'm not sure why I am putting this all down in writing...maybe so I don't look like I am really THAT crazy!

Regular scheduled plans changed with a Friday rain out....so I got up real early Saturday morning to drive to a sheepdog trial. Very glad to be running Sally again! The weather was nice, overcast, slight breeze....perfect dog running weather. This trail was filled with famous handlers....And a very nice judge....who is from Idaho....and I promise to not hold that against him....unless Boise State decides not take a good look at my youngest son....then we'll see.....
The course was straight forward.....the sheep a foursome of Scotties and Coops.....Sally ran FABULOUS hindered only by handler error. She did everything I asked of her.....but I am not going to turn this into a confessional about me....so instead here are a few pictures from the trial!

Here is a very nice cross drive from Jo Fergusson......right about "there" the sheep lean down on the course due to some standing water....and Jo has done such a nice job of putting her dog on the inside of the course to keep the sheep on line through the cross drive panels. Some "unnamed" handlers fell apart here....cough cough
Diane Pagel and Roo on the first leg of the drive......
Diane Pagel's Nan (half sister to my Bella) and the MacDonald's pigeons!
This is Ian Caldicott and Joe Kidd putting down a nice run.
Getting to the finale of the single at the end of the show...... After the trial...I was supposed to stay the night with friends in Seattle....Bella's daughter Dahlia's peeps.....but my Nell came up sick! That certainly was not on my daytimer....grrr. So me and girls came home...and at 4:30 this morning I could not imagine another 4 1/2 hour one-way drive.....I am missing my sweet draw of 16th today......oh well, that is my new life! A life filled with wild rides and dramatic change of plans....and you know, I don't think I would have it any other way! Well, except to be running Sally today 16th......

Seize the Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment