I have a real live, horseback riding, cow and sheep dog handling, Wrangler wearing, cowgirl of a friend.....and she kindly taught me how to whistle with my fingers last weekend. When we started out....she tried to be nice and said things like, "the best finger whistlers learned as kids". Never one to give up....I annoyingly showed my persistent if not OCD personality.....and she did not give up on me..."your lower lip is not right"....."your fingers are too far in"....."your tongue needs to do something different".....and I did it! Her parting words were...."you need to practice and get your muscles in shape"...hey now! Let's not get too personal...okay?
So all week, I have been exercising my muscles and practicing my finger whistling. It now only takes me three tries to get my first lie down whistle out. Many of my whistles are starting to sound like my brass whistles.....well, at least to me.....Sally has interpreted them all as "walk on" whistles....so I am not doing them for her anymore. Not until I get better! What a stickler Sally can be! I can also, once started, get 5-6 whistle commands out before I get light headed and need to sit down! I am making BIG progress!
In the coming weeks....if you drive by Rocking Dog Ranch.....and see me laying in the pasture, buzzards circling.....just know.....I have been practicing my finger whistles! Thank you, cowgirl friend!
Seize the day!!
Funny Girl! I am glad u are getting in touch with ur inner cowgirl :)
ReplyDeleteu know the best way to get ur mouth in shape is....ohh never mind i will just email Dave :)
Lana
Naughty cowgirl friend!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome... I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeleteCan I fly you to Minnesota and you can give me lessons!?! :)
ReplyDeleteAtta girl! Stick with it.
ReplyDelete