Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Camp Orchard Run

Bella has been begging to go to summer camp. She was tired of her wicked step sisters....and now with the addition of a youngster.....she is exhibiting "middle dog" syndrome! I checked out a few highly recommended camps....and the activities at Orchard Run were PERFECT for Bella . Massages, pedicures, and a new hair style.....plus sheep, sheep and more sheep! One last run with the family in the desert hills outside Caldwell........a few hugs shared between us, and a couple of tears on my part....I left Bella in the very capable hands of the camp manager, Diane Deal.

All joking aside, Bella and I have been doing really great........Bella is like a sponge right now.....and lesson availability is limited in my area....so camp seemed appropriate! I have taken some lessons with Diane, watched her train and run her own dogs, and have appreciated her training up of other folk's dogs......and the icing on the cake was the fact she has worked with a few dogs from Bella's lines and understands them! Done deal. Oh..that was bad.....sorry!

From my perspective, Diane has done a fabulous job holding my hand. The reports she sends back are great...but I really do miss my girl. I think Sally and Nell miss her too...but love the fact that they get to share her sheep work!

Oh, sweet L&M Belle.......Bella Rosa to me....I miss you already!


Seize the Day!

3 comments:

  1. Both of our girls were happy, relaxed, in excellent shape and fabulous when we got them home from Dianne's. No better place for them. Dianne is truly fantastic at what she does. The time will pass quickly and you will get home a dog that will blow you away! Can't wait to hear the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww glad to hear she is doing well. I know you will miss her. Excited to see you all at Wessels... I am driving there for one run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super excited and I can't wait to see what unfolds for you two. I'm dying to see her run after you get her back.

    ReplyDelete