Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks.....

I love Thanksgiving; it is a day where materialism is absent and sorting through all that I am thankful for centers me.  I love having my boys home and am very glad they want to come home! I enjoy cooking the turkey dinner....taking orders from my husband and the boys as to what they want to eat for the day.  Since the beginning of our family, we have made it a tradition to step away from any hectic holiday stress and go see a newly released movie in the theatre on Thanksgiving day.  It really is a special day.

Today, as the turkey cooked...I zipped out to the ranch to do my chores.  While there, I took inventory of my farm life thanks.

I am so very thankful to have a little place of my very own.  I'm thankful for a  flock of hearty ewes, some bred, and lambs with hay in the loft to feed them, shelter that they seem to love, and a very good guard llama.


I'm thankful to be able to raise lambs for friends....giving them the gift of fabulous tasting farm grown lamb raised and butchered in the best way possible.


I'm thankful for good neighbors that help whenever I'm in desperate need and allow me to graze my sheep on their lovely field.


I'm even thankful for my chickens....funny little critters!


I'm also thankful for my barn cat...she who was hit by a car 5 years ago and chose my barn to recover in.  Barn cat, who keeps me company during winter lambing and actually does keep a few mice away.


All this because of that one August day 7 years ago....when I took Miss Snook out for an "instinct test" and my life has never been the same!

Grace



Gyp

















Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Seize the day!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Anda to you my friend - a very grateful Thanks for being by my side while I learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving to someone I am thankful for!

    ReplyDelete