I had the most splendid opportunity to take, yet for the third time, a shedding clinic with Scott Glen. Did I mention this was my third one? The good news is...I "think" I am getting better. I did not get made fun of once...well, at least not to my face. That is a good start!
The host of the clinic was
Fido's Farm; lovely setting with a choir of colorful, leafy melody being sung in the back drop of a nice sized field. Chris, the owner of Fido's Farm, saved some scrumptious lambs for us to shed, which encouraged success as they would split and allow for the beginning dog to come through.
 |
| Chris makes a plan with Scott |
I moved Bella to open on a whim of a cancelled non-compete open run. I confessed that I had not done a lot of foundation work with my shed and thus had created confusion in my dog. Bella has been able to get the shed done but with lack of good form and understanding....leaving us to not get our shed as often as hearing a "good". Scott took us back to the basics, breaking it down for me in a clear and concise fashion. Funny story....at the end of the day, Scott put a timer on me and started counting down to add pressure. Why? Well he told me I was over thinking....and the crowd burst into laughter! Me, over thinking? No WAY! WHAT EVER!
Nell has had the opportunity to work with Scott before in shedding. She is a pretty tidy little shedder and covers my hinny a LOT!!! That said, Scott was able to see a little something that had been nagging my brain and gave me a good plan on addressing that nag. We are also heading into better understanding for the International shed. I think Nell gets frustrated with me letting the sheep go and not understanding that is the plan.
 |
| Chris getting a very nice shed |
In addition to the clinic, I was able to take a few private lessons with Scott. I love how the three individual slots turned into the very same "idea" over and over and over, from different angles. I'm still chewing on all that was presented and how it applies to each dog. "Precision" and "meticulous" are words I'm defining, and sorting application of, to my training and handling.
The most exciting part of the days at Fido's Farm was the kick off to the new adventure that Scott and Jenny Glen have agreed to join in with Little Horse Mountain Productions. Quite a little bit of filming was accomplished and now Geri and I begin the journey of capturing and editing and polishing this adventure to share!
Now if I could just find a way to sneak my Hello Kitty stock stick into the footage......hmmm. Might need some girl help with this.
Seize the Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment