Nell and I hid behind the blue tarp in the exhaust pen, waiting for the first fetch......
Being super keen....Nell just had to watch....taking notes and giving quiet encouragement.
As the sheep neared the drop stake......I slipped Nell out from her hiding spot to put pressure on the sheep to hold them there......
Well done, Nell.
That'll do......
Seize the Day!
Admittedly I have never run a double lift but I thought part of the risk was that the first packet would wander from the drop off spot while the dog went back to get the second group. Somehow having a "catch" dog to hold the first group in place seems a bit "unusual". Is this done at any other trials ??
ReplyDeletePat....we did not hold them in the exact spot.....and the sheep that were shoved hard down the field were not able to be held....but the field was not huge and the draw to the exhaust (because of the three days of running before the double lift) made for putting some pressure on the sheep to keep them off the exhaust and more where they were dropped. I've actually seen this sort of pressure put on the sheep at other trials....also can happen so the shed off sheep from the international shed can not leave the field as well. "unusual"? I guess it just depends on the trial host.
ReplyDelete