Mr. Ricard was our fine judge on Friday for Pro Novice. Not only does he have a wicked sense of humor.....he did a fine job judging! Really!
Nell and Bella ran pro novice.....Nell pushed on me hard the first go....and though we ended up in 4th place....I reminded myself I was working on relationship and being pushed on is not really the qualities of a good one........I over cranked on her the second go and timed out on the drive. It was a good move on my part!
Bella gave me all and more....I am very proud of her and how she worked for me.....ending up in 5th place the first go. I must get this girl taking my whistles!
Saturday morning dawned cool with cloud coverage.....the field was spectacular newly mowed with a good 425 yard outrun and a BIG HUGE cross drive! Noelle's husband graciously walked the course for those of us watching.......not that it would provide much sense of security as I drove it with my dog and sheep!
The judge was the very same fellow from the Dirt Blowing trial.....a top open handler himself....with a sharp pencil and a knack for fashion and photos!
The judge was the very same fellow from the Dirt Blowing trial.....a top open handler himself....with a sharp pencil and a knack for fashion and photos!
I was given the privilege of running Nell non-compete in open! I am not even sure how to put it all down......but it was like opening the best ever gift at Christmas......my over grinding the day before....gave me a really soft supple dog on the open field. I lost a few points on my fetch that...had I realized how great Nell was working with me....I might have cleaned up.....but we put down a run and ended up in 4th place (which did not count for anything besides a good story because it was non-compete!) I almost cried! I am leaving her in pro novice until I make my vacation runs in South Dakota...then I do believe Nell and I are ready for the open field....and it felt GREAT!
Bella ran nursery....which was the same HUGE run as open minus the sheds.......and she nailed the outruns. The drives were just a little over her head but she did fine....I ended up walking both runs to help her so she could continue to gain confidence and trust in me. She is going to be a nice dog.....did I mention I need to get her taking my whistles!
Sally put down a fair run both Saturday and Sunday.......very consistent.....I see areas I need to work on for training....and am proud of where we have come. This year I sent right both runs and Sally needed a redirect to get her up to the sheep......but she took them both without a rattling moment so I see our time and miles paying off. All this to be said.....Sally handily made the double lift for tomorrow and all I can think is.....Oh My Freaking Heck......I am running my first double lift TOMORROW!
I'll be back with the rest of the story........
Seize the Day!!!!
You go girls! Your hard work is paying off. I'm so excited for your first double lift!!!
ReplyDeleteOh hurray!
ReplyDelete