Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting Ready....

Every year, I go to one Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA ) trial. It is held in Sweet Home, Oregon and hosted by my good friends at Vaquero Aussies! The trial has sheep, cows and ducks.....and it was one of the first trials I attended when I started 5 1/2 years ago. Needless to say, it brings very fond memories.

This year I am trialing FOUR dogs at this trial, with Nell and Bella running on all three stock flavors! Yikes. In preparation....I have been working all the girls...and was very glad to be invited down to work some lighter hair sheep. Sometimes these "lighter" sheep can get in Bella's head...so it was good to work with her on being calm and staying clean on her flanks.
In addition to my four dogs running......I have three friends that take lessons with me running! I think I am more excited for them to have the opportunity to go and be a team with their dogs. They have all worked hard and their dogs look real nice. Tomorrow starts off with a small ranch dog trial, then Saturday and Sunday the arena trial. Traci, Charlotte, Gabrielle......it's time......


Seize the Day!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think duck-herding contests are funny, like Miniature golf.
    I'd like to see a duck-herding event held at an actual mini-golf facility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, you gals! It's a great ASCA trial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! Will miss you! Me too, Susan. I think ducks are so funny....Sally and Snook love them....Nell and Bella think they suck! But I need Nell and Bella to put down some duck runs....I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete