...back to reality.
Don't ya just love a good brain worm to start your Monday Morning?!
This is just how I feel....Soldier Hollow-Meeker-International-Finals-World binge hangover today! I did indeed watch a few telecast runs from the USBCHA finals. I also followed twitter like an OCD stalker, finger sore from hitting refresh a billion times and more.
Now what?
Right...I have some dogs to train. I'm making my list for each dog....what I need to train, fine tune, and leave to simmer. My Bella is pretty darn close to moving to open. Gyp is maturing nicely. I have promised myself and those I call mentor, to leave her to do that. She is getting a lot of chore time with dabbles of "training". In fact I used her to load the ram and a few of his friends into the stock trailer for an auction run. She was lovely and bold...thank goodness...because that ram wanted to kick my butt!
Kathy Knox is coming this way for a clinic next weekend. I'm hoping to have my list all memorized by the time of her arrival so she does not see it. I'm practicing my delivery as well....hoping it does not appear as a list being read but more off the cuff...."I was thinking that maybe Bella needs work on _____".
October also holds two fabulous trials...Vashon, which I have been meaning to have a go at with the Harlow Fine wool ewes. This trial offered a few non-compete open runs...so Miss Bella Bella Mozzarella will have a go and I can make my decision about which class she runs for the winter. And Fire Ridge which is rugged and amazing! Then, if the stars align...I'm hoping to have a go at Hopland in early November.
Dare I confess that I am taking the THIRD (yes third) shedding clinic with Mr. Scott Glen. I think I will leave my dogs at home for this one.....as I KNOW I am the one who needs the work! But the girls will come along as I need their help to shed. Shedding.....an over-thinkers paradise.....
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment