Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stinking Lie Downs!!!!!

I have a whole batch of really nice Pepper Jelly all canned up and waiting on the counter for the Indian Trade that is scheduled to happen.  Wonder how many "stinking lie downs" a girl can get out of 7 jars of Pepper Jelly?  I am working on my first batch of blackberry jam.....just in case the pepper jelly fails me!  But in all seriousness...I have started putting a "stinking lie down" on Miss Gyp. 

I'm not sure if I am right with this but when I get it...I quickly give her the next task so she sees the reward for the dirty belly.  Obviously, I will have to fade out of that....but my goal is to keep a grudge from forming.  If I have to leave the sheep to get the "stinking lie down" it is not as much fun...for Gyp or me.  I'm not always asking for it....the SLD.....but am getting it, one way or another, every darn time I ask. 

One of the side effects to this "stink" was a little more thoughtful Gyp.  Interesting.  And also a little more biddability.....which she has seemed to have snuck into one of the kid's college bags and shipped off to another city, if not state. My once angelic cherub has grown demon horns and a Satan attitude for sure.  (Dear God, could that be the Hello Kitty stock stick?)  So I am thinking this "SLD" might actually be a good alter call...a little lie down religion might do her some good. 

I WILL prevail!  Or die trying......

Seize the Day!

3 comments:

  1. I had a SLD on Rimon-Limon then apparently over time, have let it go without realizing it. I was reminded very quickly last Sunday at my lesson that I had lost my clear criteria. Ooops. It is amazing, however, how the dogs respond to clearer communication by responding to us with clear actions. Sunday and Monday he got one whistle for lie-down and if no response then it became verbal and then correction. No multiple whistles from this girl. Amazingly I got immediate straightening-up in return. I also hadn't realized how a flank had slipped. Who knew? ;-) I think the flank will take a little longer to fix but I just hadn't "seen" it.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes. And BTW I love jalapeno jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! We spent the summer working on that SLD. I think we are on the right track and both Jane and I are much happier for it!

    ReplyDelete