Yep that is right....Thank God It Is Friday...and, as Tigger would say, "Ta Ta For Now!"
NOT Ta Ta as in that "save the ta tas" rubber brand bracelet my teenage son wore for "breast cancer awareness". Ta Ta as in 'see ya real soon'.....I'm off to a Kathy Knox clinic!!!! Doing "The wonderful thing about Tiggers Is Tiggers are wonderful things Their tops are made out of rubber Their bottoms are made out of springs They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!" happy dance and filled with the night before Christmas excitement here! (not exactly cougar dancing....just sayin)
In keeping with yesterday's Crooks and Crazies Blog question......what are your 6 month goals....this clinic helps me make a plan for meeting some of my 6 month dog goals.
Bella is looking like she is ready for Open. She is starting to understand shedding, however, that last little tickle in the back of my brain continues to be her top end. On most given days I can blow her correct. Kathy has watched my Bella grow up from the absolute literal first day I got her. I picked her up and went to a Kathy Knox clinic! I love the consistency of having input on a regular basis about my dogs from folks I respect and enjoy training with. With that said, I still argue with myself on "giving Bella the answer" with the blowouts, vs "finding a correction that makes sense to Bella, as well as one that does not add tension, and helping her find her own answer". I know there are many variables in between those two options so I am sorting it out and am looking for some guidance with a plan. I also wrestle with maturity and knowing that the more experience we both have, the more understanding we achieve....so is her top end lack of understanding? I've also had the opportunity to work Bella in a big group situation...where she gathered a field of 1,000 ewes and lambs. I feel that as she develops the ability to look out and cast to keep going around ALL the sheep on the field...her top end might make a little more sense. These are all just ponderings and gut feelings I want to bounce off Kathy and glean from her vast training experience base.
Gyp is the second dog for the clinic. I still think "time and miles" for this 21 month old girl. She is clever and biddable and confident but I want to develop some natural to her. She is one that it would be real easy for me to tell her what to do and get it done....but I fear taking away or not allowing the development of common sense and puzzle solving.
Nell might have a little go, but then again, I might save her for the Scott Glen shedding clinic and private lesson I have early November. Don't want overwhelm Ms. Knox any more than I already have in the 4 years I have known her!
Right now...this very second, I am burning the first go at the second Patrick Shannahan training DVD. I am hoping to get it in the mail today so we can begin putting the finishing touches on it. Yet another goal...to have that ready for the World in time for Christmas.
TTFN
Seize the Day!
It's not exactly cougar dancing, eh? Too bad, that. :c)
ReplyDeleteHave a WONDERFUL time at the clinic. I'm thinking I might try to get Linc in front of her some time soon. Just got to DO it. Have a ball!