So last Thursday....one of the Tell Me questions was...."what do you do for mud control". My answer to this question is a little spendy but worth every penny!
You know those rubber mats they have with the holes in them that they use in commercial kitchens?
Well, I put those down in the highly trod on areas. Pretty amazing. Every now and then I pull them up and reset them. Over time the grass grows through the holes and that is fine in the summer but a little messy in the winter as the grass dies. Mine are black (cheaper) and I buy a few every year adding to the protected area.
This year, we have had a family of gophers ravaging our back yard....so there are all these huge mounds of dirt. Of course all those living in the valley know.....mounds of dirt = mud bogs for dog play once the rain hits. I am thinking of having a smoke bomb party to move the gopher family out and then replanting grass seed. My electro-net might come home to keep the dogs out until the grass comes in.
Seize the Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment