I don't believe Gracie has ever been off the fiber llama ranch she was born on......so this could have been her first trailer ride. Thank goodness I am just a few miles down the road from her previous home. 
She unloaded easily and I led her down to her flock.....deciding to put her directly in with the ewes with lambs. A little nervous, yet taking it all in....Gracie had never met sheep before nor has she been away from her llama family.
The sheep were very curious about their new llama.....and Gracie wanted to be curious about them as well. She took a liking to my two young twin lambs and seemed to settle in. I kept them all in a smaller field with shelter over night just to have them get to know each other.
The following day, the flock took Gracie down into the orchard pasture where they spent the day grazing and lazing about. Gracie seems to be settling in nicely......accepting her new sheepy friends and yet still coming up to get her daily grain! 
Gracie is a bit smaller than Gingerbread was. Her coat is shorter as well.....but very soft for llama fiber! I'll shear her if the weather ever gets warm.....which is greeted by much enthusiasm from my fiber loving friend! She seems like she is going to be a great fit.Seize the Day!!!!!
Congrats on your new friend!
ReplyDelete