Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears.....

Okay, just TigersLast weekend, I got invited to see a local tiger couple. The male is a white Siberian tiger......The female, a smaller but still huge to me, Bengal tiger.
While the male tiger seemed to have a crush on my husband and youngest son......chuffing and appearing to want to be scratched.....or luring for an afternoon snack.....not sure just yet what was really going on......
"Come a little closer, my precious......"
The female was younger and full of herself......stalking the nearby grazing horses....who did not give a fig's leaf about her by the way.It was all good and fun....until she decided to stalk me.....I could not control the primal instinct to run as she pounced at the fence.....giggling her tiger giggle, I'm sure! The ranch had the largest collection of Peacocks I have ever seen....not that I am an authority on Peacocks. They put on awesome display for those of us invading their territory.Now, I am sure this blog post has left more questions than it has answered. All I know is, the owners of the tigers take splendid care of them and have a license to do so. They believe in preserving the genetics of these two tigers and know that if conservation efforts fail to keep the tiger living in the wild.....there will be tigers in the world for us to admire and respect.

However, this makes me scratch my head and say "what?" They also have the training and license to rehabilitate SKUNKS! All that to be said, it was great meeting people who are living their dream. Filled with passion about what they are doing! May we embrace each and every day the same way.....

Seize the Day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, skunks are great! It's like having a ferret only they don't litter train as well. Scott had a wild one when he was a kid. It never sprayed anyone or anything until the family dog killed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Jenny said - skunks are a lot of fun. When I did wildlife rehab baby skunks were a major favorite. We had to be very careful they didn't turn out too friendly to release!

    ReplyDelete