Friday, June 25, 2010

Knee-high By the Fourth of July

They say that corn should be knee-high by the 4th of July......... our corn is looking good! I just picked the first zucchinis tonight.......the first of many as there are two plants. The tomatoes are filling their supports.......
The peas are starting to blossom........The grapevines were cut back aggressively this spring......
and the grapes look to be a bumper crop.

All this and more in Dave's garden!

Every year......I plant a garden. This year all the produce was planted from starts.....making it possible to plant late yet still reap a good harvest. Every year, I weed and tend and feed and prune.....and then my hubby takes produce to his mom and his business....and gets all the credit! This is just one of those funny traditions that make me love him so! I have planned a big trip to South Dakota at the end of August......right smack in the middle of garden production.....we will get to see just what kind of gardener Dave is. So, here's to Dave's 2010 garden!

Seize the Day!

1 comment: