That's right.....the count down begins with the day after Christmas! My Christmas was fab this year.....the family was together and we saw THE BEST MOVIE...which is one of our holiday traditions....seeing a movie Christmas day. All the boys in the family wanted to see The Fighter....and I went along because I got to pick the Thanksgiving day movie. Boy....am I glad I did! In real life...I am not a fan of boxing, however, this movie was amazing. In addition to quality face time with the fam.....I got a set of ramps for Christmas. I can now put sheep AND a 4 wheeler into my stock trailer....which brings me to the meat of this post....6 very important days left in 2010.
Outside, the heavens bring Ark building weather.....inside there is a whole lot of honest evaluation and planning going on. I've found a few websites that I'm using to help me create a better vision/dream for the coming new year.
Create a Personal Manifesto with Gwen Bell With Gwen's help, I am building a personal vision board. One I can use when I loose my way, the going gets tough, or I can't get up.
I'm also working on my goals for 2011. This daunting task has been made easier by Lululemon's Goaltender This web site has a quote, "Mediocrity is as close to the bottom as it is to the top." Now if that does not give an overthinker fodder to fill a day!
Another "idea" I have been thinking on lately is dreams. Not the kind I have at night dreams....but the dreams that fuel my goals. It is an illusive mind exercise...that what we think on is what we become. The idea that we manifest or attract what we think. That idea certainly has a new age feel to it.....and yet Philippians 4:8 tells us how important it is to focus our thoughts. Perchance this is one of those Universal Truths that in appearance looks so dang easy....and yet for the application of, I must train my mind For me, finding the balance of honest, critical analysis vs. focusing on the positive vs. fear/worry vs. dream/goals is a daily challenge. If you have ever read The Secret.....the whole manifestation idea is presented in a "name it; claim it way" and made to sound easy...very Pollyanna-ish. Then John Assaraf, who helped write The Secret...came out with The Answer...a book I found to be very fascinating. Mr. Assaraf has a web site Achievement Goal Transformation Here are a couple of other web site the delve in deeper.... White Hot Truth ....you have to look around to find things which can be frustrating for a type-A person.....or can be enjoyed with a good cuppa Joe. Mike Dooley helped write The Secret and his web site is interesting. Totally Unique Thoughts or TUT for short....it is worth a look around.
I have also mentioned the Mondobeyondo Dream Lab with Brene Brown and The Gift of Imperfection. As I signed up for this class, I could not help but wonder how participating in a class of self-acceptance would tie in with visualizing, manifesting, and goal setting all that I want to become in 2011! Sort of feels like the other side of the knife...I'll either end up a little healthier or have multiple personalities!
So here's to 2011 and the six days left to prepare for its first blank page to fill......wrapping up 2010 with all its glory and lessons learned.
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment