Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday...Gyp!!!


One year ago today......Nell and I were busy with five tiny border collie puppies.  That is Gyp....right there nuzzling Nell's leg...big ole "Y" on her head!  Gosh time flies...and it certainly flies faster with dogs!

Gyp the day she was born

Gyp at five weeks

Gyp at nine weeks


Gyp at six months

Gyp at nine months
                           
Gyp at the Border Collie Training Center
                          
Gyp at one year


When Gyp was eight weeks old...I was not sure I wanted to raise her.  Having never before raised a border collie pup, I envisioned huge holes in the back yard and everything ripped up! Friends offered to take her for the first four or five months of her life, but my kids said they wanted a go at it.  All three men in the house assured me they would help, so Gyp became our first home raised border collie.  Other than the fact she has a "hankering" for my youngest son's flip flop (or basketball shoe if the flip flop can not be found) she has been a super nice pup....off and on sheep.  Recently, Gyp's father crossed the rainbow bridge....I feel so fortunate to have been able to put Nell to him.....I think Jake has left his fingerprints on my Gyp with her thoughtful nature.

Happy Birthday, sweet Gypsy! I am so excited to see the next year of your life unfold.

Seize the day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. She has grown up to be a pretty girly. I can't wait to hear about her first year of training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Jake...very sad and I am very grateful for my pups out of him as well. Happy Birthday Miss Gyp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a long time ago, my family also had a border collie named 'Gyp.' And she was also born round about December 6th. Not much of a coincidence I realise but it's amazing what the internet can turn up!
    Your Gyp looks a wonderful dog and yet again reminds me how once you have had a border collie in your life, the world is a little less colourful when they, as you say 'cross the rainbow bridge.'
    Thank-you very much for posting your pictures.

    ReplyDelete