Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting Ready for a New Year!

It is that time of year....last night, it rained so hard here it woke me up!  Standing water and mud make for slippery slopes at the ranch.  25 ewes have been covered and I only work the pregnant girls lightly to keep them fit.  The snowy mountains discourage road trips to sheepdog Disneylands. Winter is the season of down time when it comes to dog work.  On the other hand.....winter has become a time for me to plan, think, dream and do my mental gymnastics in preparation for the coming year. 

I've stumbled upon a couple of blog sites this month that are giving me great ideas to ponder for my new year readiness ritual.  First, I have already mentioned....Ordinary Courage  who is doing a winter work shop with Mondo Beyondo on dreaming.  I love the quote from the Mondo Beyondo web site... "When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality." — Dom Helder Camara   This is an on-line class about dreaming big......I am thinking of taking it. I love dreaming big! 

The second blog site that has been stretching my thoughts these days is #reverb10. Their motto is: "reflect on this year & manifest what's next"  How cool is that!?  Every day, this web site prints a prompt to reflect upon.....December 1 was : One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

Here are my answers to this exercise:

2010: enlightenment..... in all I thought I knew, I realized I knew so very much less! It was freeing....and allowed me to use what I did know and seek answers for the moment in what I did not know. 
2011: fulfill.....there are so many changes coming my way in 2011 and I want to embrace all that comes with those changes. 


I'm also bringing out all the DVDs I love to watch....both sheepdog runs as well as instructional.  I have  One Man and His Dog.....I think I will watch that again. As well as the world sheepdog trial. 

Then, there are those physical goals.  A healthier 2011!!!

Goals....I am pondering what my goals for 2011 will be.  It might take all month to sort through 2010 and reflect on the goals that I achieved....and then make my new list for 2011. 

What are your goals for the coming year? Do you have any web sites or blogs that inspire you?  I'd love to see them!

Seize the Day!!!

3 comments:

  1. I would like to lose about 50 pounds...and I am thinking maybe if I could have someone lock me in a room for about 5 months and feed me a specially prepared diet (as I would my dogs if they were fat)...I think I would be set. Anyone want to take on that challenge? Cranky wouldn't even come CLOSE to what they would have to put up with from me...BUT...I would pay well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loretta.....well, if you came out I would be hard pressed to keep you locked away. I would have to let you out to take pictures and video of my dogs! However...I'm on with you and the 50 pounds.....let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can let me out to take pictures/vids...but other than that... Bring it on! I am up for a challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete