I got to see another portion of the vast ranch.....up on top of the world. I sure hope these cows appreciate this view....some folks pay very good money to wake up to this beauty every morning.
Somehow, I do believe...those cows only had one thing on their mind! Breakfast in bed!
The "country way of life" is so different from the "city way of life"....here we were, feeding cows in the middle of pretty much no where. We climbed a one lane rocky road in 4L......thick forest surrounding the high hill meadow...and out of nowhere comes a man! And he stopped to chat!
Such is country life....led at a whimsical pace.....hint of music in the background....a drum beat that only those living the life can hear. I so appreciate the shared dose of that medicine...it brings a girl back to a life well lived.
| Alvina and Old Red...the F*rd! |
Then it was on to dog work! I can not believe....well I can but, I am so impressed with how great the dogs are looking at Knee Deep Ranch. Each of them are coming along and are becoming quiet the partner with their person. I have to say....that was the best part of the day!
A close second was getting to work my own dogs......each of them had a go and I took advantage of the big field choosing long drives and medium outruns. Sometimes Sally does not get to work....mostly because of lack of time and the fact the other girls need a bit more training. It was fun working Sally in the big field.....doing huge long drives......working her on picking up the pace and taking all the flanks I was giving.....then giving the reins back and having her be responsible for holding a line.
Another day in paradise! Certainly one of the things I am most thankful for in 2010.....Knee Deep Ranch and the friends I have found there.
Seize the Day!
What a gorgeous place! How lucky you are!
ReplyDelete