Okay..I did it! I inserted 7 CIDR plugs into 7 of my coop coop/blue face ewes today. It's so easy to do.....I'll pull them out on Sunday and put Hoosier in with the girls. I'll need to paint his chest so I can tell who gets bred which day. Wow am I glad CIDRs are readily available now....fingers crossed this turns out to be a plus when it comes to spring lambing. It would be so nice to have all the lambs here in a timely fashion! And even if all 7 ewes lamb the very same day, my barn can hold 6 jugs so it is doable!
You have all probably figured out that my computer is going strong again! I got a new wireless receiver that gently takes all the router power from the whole house! I'm loving it! And my new computer gets along with blogger so I can post pictures...I am excited to finish a few posts that I was working on two weeks ago...when my faithful computer bit the dust.
I had a birthday at the end of August.....part of my celebration of life was to go to South Dakota. I was just a tad disappointed when those plans fell through...and very grateful for good friends that would not let me create a pity party for myself. Nope, they invited me to a sheep party of sorts...and I could do nothing but go. My birthday morning dawned with the promise of hot temperatures....so we all got up early and Lana and Geri hauled sheep to the neighboring park...aka dry land cow field that is so huge a girl could either get lost or do huge outruns with her dog!
Lana volunteered to set and took the trailer full of sheep up to the top of the field....a short 650 yards away!
I had decided that Nell was ready to move to open.....and wanted to see how she would handle this big of a gather. Nell seemed to have no doubt that she could nail it...."come on...send me already!"
I decided to send left...
I love this picture as she headed out leaving behind jet stream in the still quiet of the early morning.....
And as she reached the top.........
it is so cool to see her sort it out.....all by herself.........because I was way back at the beginning and could not help her. Here she seemed to pull up a bit short...... I was caught a little by surprise as Nell generally overruns her top ends.
But she quickly read the error in her ways and went to the heads of the sheep to cover.....
.
and brought them handily on a nice fetch.
A big thanks to my personal, traveling photographer....Geri! This was a great beginning to a fabulous day.....
Seize the Day!!!!!
LOVE.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures, sounds like a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! Hurray Nell . I'm going to have to make down to Tulelake for some practice.
ReplyDelete