Can't get that Police song outta my head today....as I plan my synchronized breeding attempt for my 2011 lambing. Yes, that is right...I am attempting to induce standing heat in my ewes.....trying to reduce the 5+ visits a day to the ranch...week after week in 2010!
Tomorrow, I am using the EAZI-BREED CIDR device that they say will provide an "effective method for both synchronising and inducing oestrus in production animals". Insert the CIDR.....hopefully that will go well....remove in 5 days....sheep will be in standing heat in 1-3 days....so the ram goes in on Sunday! I'm using 7 woolly ewes as my test group.....then in a another of week or so, I will repeat with my hair ewes looking at breeding 10 of those. I will attempt to stagger them 5 & 5. I am very hopeful that this will work.....A.I. programs have been doing this for year. I'll let you know how it turns out.......
"Many miles away
There's a shadow on the door
Of a cottage on the shore
Of a dark Scottish lake"
Still trying to get that song out of my head!
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment