Back to life....back to reality.....this was my first year of selling fleeces in the parking lot of OFFF. I am so not a garage sale kind of girl....but I wanted to sell my fleeces....so the OFFF fleeces sale it was. It was raining....something that I had thought of briefly....but did not take serious....and I paid the price! I have a flimsy shade tent I keep in the car.....and was forced to use it. I did not look too bad until the rains came down in buckets and the wind picked up! Here is my little display:
Folks loved my bluefaced leicester cross fleeces...and those sold first! My coopworth fleeces went fast but I had them marked to sell! And hardly one Shetland fleece left my stand...what is up with that? Possibly because one of the biggest and nicest Shetland producers was a few booths down.
After a few hours...and when I was down to 5 nice fleeces left to sell....I decide to pack it in. The wind was blowing my shelter.....I had to stand holding onto one leg while being soaked.....and it was time. I knew a few friends were looking at the fleeces left to sell....so I packed the car and went looking for that last closures! Not a bad tactic.....and I think they were happy with the delivery and sale price.
I walked around the fiber show a little....saw a bunch of border collie friends. It was fun talking dogs.....especially since the finals was going on and we all were waiting to find out who the 2010 USBCHA National Champion would be!
I was so glad to see Patrick Shannahan and Riggs win this year! What a team! Great dog/great handler! And I was happy for Tommy Wilson and Sly.....2010 reserve champion! I'm hoping next year...all those contacts I made with happy fleece customers pays off with repeat sales in the spring.....because I plan on attending the USBCHA Finals!
Seize the Day!
Hey you. I went to OFFF on Saturday! Glad you got all your fleeces sold. Nice job.
ReplyDelete