Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mock Trial....

I got up this morning greeted by rain!  Generally we don't have a big weather change until the end of October...but this year the rains are coming early.  Nice for the brown, thirsty fields....and great for sheepdoggin!  I packed up the dogs and headed to Wolston farm where Ian was allowing the brave to come out and participate in a mock trial of sorts. 
   
Ian has been teaching a "setting" class....and his students were the set-out crew for the trial.  The field was the exact same one that we used at his SheepThrillz trial back in July.  Nell ran non-compete open at that trial so she knew the field.  However, we ran on Ian's farm flock....ewes and lambs....all in a variety of breeds....making for real work as the dogs mustered the sheep around the course. 
                              
 I learned a little more about each of my dogs during my runs...and left to go home to see what I could see there! Some things I have been working on were looking better but still need more attention.  It is always a great day when a little dog and sheep work happens!

The International Sheepdog Trial wrapped up today.....and here is the winner:  Supreme Champion: Michael Gallagher I F CAP  From the looks of it.....Mr. Gallagher is from Ireland...the host to the International.  He is an unfamiliar name for me.....I can't wait to read about him in my newly ordered International Sheepdog News!

Of course all of us left behind have been burning up the Internet...refreshing and living off tweets!  Many fine handlers off my blog list on the right...have updated with real stories from the trial field.....Thank GOD!  My good friend, Geri flies out tomorrow.....I'm so rooting for her!  Kudos to those keeping the tweets coming.....it is appreciated beyond words.  I am looking forward to next weekend.....where Saturday and Sunday will have live streaming of the runs!



Tomorrow, the CIDR plugs come out of the ewes and Hoosier goes in to visit for a few days!  Life is great....as I live vicariously through those running at the finals....and dream of the day I join them!

Seize the Day!!!!!

1 comment: