Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding Delight

The weatherman has been predicting a visit from winter here in the valley....making a last ditch appearance...right as my lambs are due.  Yesterday, I spent the day rearranging the barn to accommodate 25 ewes and a small ever-growing herd of frisky baby lambs.  Boy oh boy...do sheep hate change!  Well, at least the woolly girls did...the katahdins were so very thankful, moved right in and made themselves at home!  I moved out to the RV and will stay there until the cold snap is over.  It was so nice last night to get up, check the ewes, and be back in bed in less than 5 minutes.  I am so grateful to my electrician friend who came out and set me up with an RV plug-in.


Today, we have snow!  Not much, but I am a valley girl, like, ya know, and I do NOT heart snow!  However, my girls do!  Gyp met snow at the New Year's Day sheepdog trial...today, she was in puppy heaven.  Running, playing, even getting grumpy Snook into a "chase the puppy" game. 


I'm fighting off a bought of severe grumpiness.....in finding delight in the day, here is what I am thankful for: a barn where the sheep can come in, an RV with comfy beds, an spanking new plug in for that RV, and dogs that laugh in the snow!

Bella

Nell striking a pose
Join with me in thinking birthing thoughts for that big truck sized ewe today.......she is over-due and needs to go!

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment