The day dawned crispy bright....perfect dog working weather.
Lana set the top of the field, and then did her work back to the trailer.....a little like tag.
| Lana's dog lifting off Geri |
Lana took a walkie talkie up with her and talked me through Nell's lift and fetch. This helped me understand running on these lambs with greater clarity....and Nell got more confident with each step. On her second outrun she was coming onto the top similar to Sunday, I saw it and was able to blow her out for a more appropriate approach to the lambs. On the other hand, I gave her way more freedom to work and was pleased to watch all that came from the dance of team work.
I also had some time with Sally on the course. I struggled with where to put her to get my drive going on Sunday....I loved having the freedom to sort myself out.....by the end, and with some input from friends...the feel of the sheep and my dog was coming together.
I'm taking a class on "dreaming" right now...... the challenge for the week is in finding the balance of embracing thankfulness for the huge blessings of "now"...while living with the courage to listen to the heart whispers to pursue dreams. I am so thankful for my ranch, sheep, dogs, family, friends, and life. With all the puzzle pieces that make up my journey.....I see them fitting together, forming an amazing masterpiece. When I speak about my dogs and my trial experiences, I try to be authentic....embracing the good and sorting out what needs work. I don't feel confusion.....for me it is the understanding that life is about "time and miles". I know I become more polished with the different experiences that my friends bless me with. I live in the valley and much of my dog work happens on valley sheep. Some more dogged than others.....certainly farm-flock the most of them. I'm struggling to put into words how deeply thankful I am for friends that allow me new experiences; be it big fields, range sheep, a second set of eyes, or a place to lay my head. The gift of being believed in while at the same time being pushed towards potential is truly priceless! At the end of the day, I strive for a dog that can get any job done and for me to know and understand my part in that result.
Seize the day!
Someday...
ReplyDelete